My family attends a sweet little Methodist church in my hometown. I enjoy attending when I am visiting on a Sunday.
The sermons often include down-to-earth advice on serving others and living a good life. The most recent sermon was about “The Rules of Life”. With some modification, here they are:
- Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
- What others think of you is none of your business.
- Time heals almost everything, give it time.
- Don’t compare your life to others and don’t judge them. You have no idea what their journey is about.
- Stop thinking too much, it’s alright not to know all the answers. They will come to you when you least expect it.
- No one is in charge of your happiness, except you.
- Smile. You don’t own all the problems in the world.
Have you thought about your own “rules of life”? We’d love to hear them.
The road is easier together,
Linda Laitala, President
Raven Performance Group