Like you, your customers are also setting new goals, restructuring bonus plans, creating sales projections, debating what capital equipment should be purchased, and putting together a budget. You need to discover how you can make your services match their needs.Building and maintaining a trust relationship with customers takes time, attention, and constant care. Here are some questions that will demonstrate your sincerity in helping them succeed.
- What do you see as your biggest challenges?
- Are you planning on expanding your facility or adding new products next year?
- How satisfied are you with our products/services?
- What can my company do to better serve your needs?
- What features or services would you suggest we add? Why?
- What’s your most important priority when (insert something related to your industry)?
- What will be your biggest roadblock in meeting your goals next year?
- How can my company/our employees support you in achieving those goals?
- What would be one word you’d use to describe us and why?
- Do you have any additional feedback for us?
- Would you be open to having discussions about improvement in the future?
- Provide the name and position of the person who will be following up with them.
- Can we provide a list of resources you may find useful?
Most important is to listen carefully, respond sincerely and follow up regarding any questions, concerns, future discussions.
Fourth-quarter is a busy time for every business. Work toward building new plans that can capitalize on their upcoming initiatives. Keep in mind what matters to them most. Be proactive in your efforts and create real results that contribute to their bottom line.
The road is easier together,