Another year is almost over, with only seven weeks left (49 days – 1,176 hours – 70,560 minutes to be exact).
Are you on track, feeling a sense of urgency, or does the thought panic you?
Approaching the end of the year can make some people procrastinate; they feel distracted and overwhelmed. They worry they won’t hit their goals.
- Activities get postponed and moved from one To-Do List to another
- Strategies that would improve an organization are side-lined
- Choices are not made because there is no clear winner.
- A problem is not addressed in hopes that it will take care of itself
Do you see yourself in any of those tendencies? Change your thinking while time is on your side.
- Stay on top of your financials
- Reduce expenses
- Refocus on your customers (I can’t say this enough!)
- Review and refine your social media marketing
- Develop an employee incentive program
- Revisit your mission statement and core values
- Rejuvenate your work-life balance
You can’t do everything, so prioritize, focus, and simplify. Taking on a few tasks in a timely manner can become a habit, it takes the worry off your plate and gives you a sense of accomplishment. If you can work on one thing every day you will have discipline, fulfillment, and a renewed sense of self-worth.
What will you accomplish in your next 49 days?
The road is easier together,
Linda Laitala, President
Raven Performance Group